Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pas de One


I went on a vacation by myself in May 2008. I was studying in Aix and found a free airline ticket from London back to Marseille. All I had to buy was the ticket there! (With taxes, though, it was a wash.) So I was walking around this city all by myself. Two years before I had studied there. It was fun to go back to my old places, but even more fun to go to new places. I spent a shit ton of money, but it was worth it.

One night, I decided to go see the Royal Ballet. I kept going back and forth and couldn't decide what to do. I was super poor and found it difficult to justify £17 or however much the ticket was. But I did, telling myself I could make the money back later. I walked into the theater and this is what I saw. The ballet was lovely, of course, but I almost preferred the pre-show view. Looking at London society in Her Majesty's Royal Opera House. I thought I would feel weird going by myself, but I really didn't. How's that for security!

No comments: