Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pet your pet


Amanda and I signed the lease on our new apartment today. We now live on 13th between 2nd and 3rd Aves. That's a pretty amazing location, especially considering this is our first apartment in the city. At the lease, I asked about pets. If you want a little friend, you have to ask, send a picture and pay a $200 fee. So I would have to plan on living there a while and really want a baby. 

But then it got me to thinking about my pets. Scorsby, left, and Maxwell. We also have another dog, Clifton. He's a great, big Newfoundland; however my mom got him while I was in France, and now I am in New York. I've only hung out with him for July and most of August, so the deep bond I share with these two doesn't yet exist. Scorsby and Maxwell have such personality. I far prefer the little dog. Every time you come home, he gets so excited: cries at the window when you pull up to the drive way, runs to the car door to greet you. Sometimes he even pees a little. It's not every day someone will just urinate because they are so happy to see you. 

However, I love this dog most on sunny days in sun patches: he just lays there and pretends to be deaf. I'll take him outside with me to get the mail. But when I'm opening the post, I realize he decided the grass by the house was better company. So he'll lay there flat on his back in the hot, summer sun. You have to pick him up and take him inside otherwise he would just stay put. I miss Scorsby.

No comments: